The mission of Northern Waters Library Service is to provide access to quality public library services through its member libraries.
Residents of and visitors to the Northern Waters Library Service area have convenient access to quality library services that enrich the communities of Northern Wisconsin.
- Circulation reports monthly and assistance with annual reports
- Consulting services include planning, policies, budgeting, grant-writing, bookkeeping, collection development, services to special populations, children’s services, legal issues affecting libraries, hiring library staff, certification issues, website support, technology, Integrated Library System services (cataloging, circulation, public catalog)
- Continuing education opportunities relevant to the practice of sound librarianship
- Cooperative cataloging for the regional and state online catalogs shared by member libraries
- Delivery service, which provides a quick, efficient and cost-effective method to move shared resources among libraries
- Digital Media Support – NWLS is a member of the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC) digital media service and provides support and training.
- E-rate and TEACH support for telecommunications discounts
- Grants for developing local collections and for member library collections and service enhancements
- Inter-library loan and reference/referral service – A contract with Superior Public Library makes their services and resources available to all member libraries.
- Mail-A-Book service for residents of the NWLS service area lacking access to a local public library.
- The Northern Waters Library Network shared resources network, which facilitates resource sharing among member libraries with integrated software for cataloging, circulation and a public online catalog
- News updates related to library issues, events and training opportunities
- Technology infrastructure that meets the demands on libraries in their role as providers of a range of public access computing services and as members of the Merlin shared resources network.
- Technology training, support and consultation
Northern Waters Library Service
3200 Lakeshore Dr E
Ashland, WI 54806
+1 (715) 682 2365
+1 (800) 228 5684